- Mike Squirrell
- Clinic Location
- E: email@example.com
- Call Now: 0870 240 4667
Absolutely. Any joint in the body can be safely injected 3-4 times per year. With cortisone, just like any any other drug or medical substance there are some minor risks involved but when prescribed safely and in controlled doses the results can often be immediate and long lasting.
Yes and that is precisely the point – FAST PAIN RELIEF. Cortisone is one of the fastest ways to get the body out of the chronic pain and inflammation cycle and back into the healing phase to enable the body more free time and space to heal quickly and rehabilitate.
Often the results are immediate and can take place that evening or the following day – a marked decrease in pain, swelling and inflammation, improve range or movement and a quick return to the activities we enjoy doing most.
1. A detailed assessment & diagnosis, where you will have a full health history taken.
2. Physical examination of the injury/pain site.
3. The Injection which is mostly pain free and takes as little as 30 seconds.
4. Waiting time where we monitor your pain levels for 10-20 minutes in clinic.
5. Resting the injected joint/part of the body for the remainder of the day.
Yes. Tell your specialist immediately if you are on any medications, are diabetic, have heart disease or have any known history of allergic reactions to drugs or medicines or have any know serious illness.